NBL2: Day 4

Goals:
* Water with every meal and in between, up to 8 glasses a day
* Three meals a day in the proper portions
* Nuts and/or fruit as a snack between meals
* Drinking up to 3 8-ounce glasses of fat-free milk as I don't consume enough dairy products - can be used as an in between meal snack
* NO SODAS, even Diet Dr. Pepper except on weekends
* Sweets are OK but only a bite or two and only once a week
* Vegetables with every meal


It's Day 4 and I'm still doing pretty good: not feeling burnt out nor deprived so, I'm a fairly happy camper!

I did really well with my goals today, but have decided to change one thing: instead of having two snacks a day PLUS 3 glasses of milk a day, I'll have one or the other and try to have at least one glass of milk a day because I just couldn't fit in that much food in a day!

So, today I had two glasses of milk and only one snack, between lunch and dinner. I have also found that having a glass of milk after dinner helps me fight my "sweet tooth" cravings for dessert.

My favorite part about today: the water aerobics class I took at 6:00PM. Oh my gosh, what a fantastic workout and yet so relaxing!!! Who knew being in the water could feel so good? I have to admit, I was skeptical because the images I conjured up of water aerobics included the elderly splashing around to music however, that was not the case. Well, there were some older men and women in the class, going at their own pace, more interested in chatting with their friends but there were also younger people like myself, really pushing themselves during the workout. I checked my heart rate several times during the class and was up to 80%, which is really really good for a low-impact activity like water aerobics. So, I'm sold and will be taking this class every Monday and Wednesday nights!




Dinner: Turkey burger on whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, pickles, cheese and ketchup as well as 1/4 cup oven-baked fries

Popular Posts