A new way to arrange flowers

I love fresh flowers in my house, in nearly every room, and always pick up bouquets at our local Farmer's Market, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and Safeway, depending upon where I'm shopping on any given day, with Tulips, Sunflowers, Stargazer Lilies and Hydrangeas being my favorites.

My one annoyance, arranging them.

Either my vase is too wide or odd-shaped, too tall or the mouth is too small and it seems every other time I buy flowers and attempt to arrange them, my flowers just slump over in the vase, breaking off or end up looking sparse, like I didn't purchase enough. Argh!

My savior: floral tape (or just plain ole Scotch tape!) and an episode of Martha Stewart!

Basically, use the tape to create a grid on the top of your vase (no matter what size or shape!) and place flowers in the grid.

Here is the grid up close (I used Scotch Tape!)


The grid helps keep the flowers standing up rather than slumping over to one side and makes any arrangement just perfect!

And here are my sunflowers, perfectly upright and a gorgeous arrangement!

Popular Posts