Recipe: Chicken Tortilla Soup

Being that it's Winter and that I have a new-found love for making soups, I thought I'd do some research and play around with the basics to come up with my own Chicken Tortilla Soup... I ended up loving it and so did David (the man who hates soup!) so, I decided to share it with all of you!

Recipe: Chicken Tortilla Soup
1lb or 2 large boneless, skinless RAW chicken breasts
1/2 large white onion, minced or diced as small as you like
1 bay leaf
2 cloves garlic (or 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic), minced
1 can Rotel, drained
14 oz chicken stock
1 28oz can pureed tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
3 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Place all ingredients in your Crockpot, stir well to combine, cover and set to LOW. Let cook 6 hours.  Remove chicken, shred with two forks (if using chicken with skin and on the bone, remove skin & bones then, shred!), return to Crockpot and incorporate well back into the soup. 

Top with your favorite cheese, sour cream and even some crushed up tortilla chips for a fantastic, easy meal on a cold, Winter night!

Comments

Popular Posts