Recipe: Fire-Roasted tomato sauce
This recipe of Ellie Kreiger's goes GREAT with my turkey meatballs!
Recipe: Fire-roasted tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, liquid included
- 1 teaspoon finely minced canned chipotle en adobo and sauce, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
In a 4-quart saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Saute the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
Add tomato paste, tomatoes, chipotles, oregano, rosemary, and salt. Bring all the ingredients to a low boil, reduce heat and cook for approximately 15 minutes, until liquid has evaporated slightly.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.