Meal Planning 2/28 thru 3/6

Welcome!

Should you be a new reader of "I'm Not Your Mama's Martha!", please click Meal Planning With Amanda and read through how to begin meal planning for yourself and to understand how, exactly I feed my family of three breakfast, lunch and dinner for, on average, $150 per week.  There, you will find links to printable lists for yourself as well as my Master Meal List of all the meals I make that we seem to eat on a regular basis and that I draw from when making my weekly meal plans.
__________________________________________________________________________

For those that don't know, my daughter and I both had a bad case of Pneumonia and thus, had David running around for food and groceries or just not eating at all due to our lack of appetites this past week so, there actually wasn't a Meal Planning post, you didn't just miss it.  :)

In order to replenish our depleted supplies, I went to Costco this morning to re-stock our deep freezer and our pantry and then, went to Safeway to stock up on some essentials that were on sale plus had a super coupon in their weekly ad for another $1-$2 off several great items!

Sorry, no photo this week... I honestly just forgot and was not going to dig all that food back out onto my counter.

Costco: $112 for the meats in the list below (total bill $312.44):
Note: Upon coming home, I divided up all the meats I bought into the portions listed as, for example: the three of us eat about 1lb of shrimp, 3/4lb of ground beef in Goulash, and 8oz of canadian bacon on pizzas

4 1lb portions shrimp
4 6oz portions Tilapia
8 3/4lb portions lean ground beef
8 1.25lb portions ground turkey
8 1lb portions chicken breast
3 1.25lb portions stew meat
2 1lb portions sweet Italian turkey sausage
2 8oz packages Canadian bacon
2 1lb Orange chicken (pre-cooked)

Plus bulk items including:
Organic Ketch-up
Quart-size freezer bags (6 boxes)
Sandwich bags (6 boxes)
Chicken nuggets (5lbs)
Turkey jerkey (5lbs)
Holy guacamole (3, 6oz containers)
Advil (240count)
Organic Tomato paste (12 cans)
Organic Annie's bunny snacks (24pks)
Fiber One granola & chocolate bars (30 bars)
Cottonelle flushable wipes (365 wipes)
Tampons (80count)
Pirate's Booty puffed rice & corn snacks (40oz bag)


Safeway: $111.73
Fuji apples
Bananas
2lbs deli ham
1lb deli turkey
Whole wheat sandwich wraps
Orowheat whole wheat hamburger buns
Orowheat whole wheat hotdog buns
(2) Sunsweet chocolate-covered prunes (regularly $2.99 each, on sale 2@$5)
Fresh thyme
Frozen tator tots
Frozen pizza dough
Shredded mozzerella cheese
3pk pizza sauce
Eating Right baby carrots
(2) Celery
(2) Cheez-Its crackers (regularly $3.99, on sale $2.99 plus super coupon for another $0.99 off for a total of $2 each, limit 2)
(3) Tostito's cripsy rounds chips (regularly $3.99, on sale $2.99 plus super coupon for another $1 off, for a total of only $1.99 each, limit 3)
(3) Kellog's cereal (Apple Jacks and Fruit Loops) (regularly $4.29, on sale $1.99 plus super coupon for another $1 off for a total of only $0.99 each, limit 3)
(2) Unsalted butter (regularly $2.99, on sale $1.99)
(2) TresEmme Shampoo and (2) TresEmme Conditioner (regularly $4.99 each, on sale $3.99 plus super coupon for another $1 off, for a total of only $2.99 each, limit 4)
(6) DelMonte Naturals Fruit cups (regularly $2.99 each, on sale $0.99 each)
Blue cheese
Fontina cheese


I spent this weekend going through and re-organizing our deep freezer outside plus the freezer/fridge/pantry in the kitchen so that I could ensure my Inventory was up-to-date and accurate.  With all the purchases above, here's what I have meat-wise:

Inventory (45 meals total):
1 rack of ribs
1 pork tenderloin
1 portion New York strip steaks
1 portion chicken & apple sausages
1 1.5lb portion flank steak
2 1lb portions shrimp
4 8oz portions Tilapia
7 3/4lb portions lean ground beef
7 1.25lb portions ground turkey
3 portions wings/drumsticks
8 1lb portions chicken breast
2 1lb portions thin-sliced chicken breasts
3 1.25lb portions stew meat
2 1lb portions sweet Italian turkey sausage
2 8oz packages Canadian bacon
2 1lb Orange chicken (pre-cooked)

As I create my meal plan each week, I'll reduce my inventory the next week by those selections and will not shop for meats between now and the time I plow through my inventory, so that 1) nothing spoils from freezer-burn, 2) I don't waste money as the meats above were purchased at the lowest possible price and 3) because I have no additional space to store anything!  :)

Weekly Meal Plan
Home-made pizzas
Shredded BBQ beef over parmesan mashed potatoes
Spaghetti with Italian turkey sausage
Hawaiian turkey burgers with tator tots
Leftovers/sandwiches
Ceasar salad with grilled chicken
Orange chicken and rice

Comments

Popular Posts