Meal Planning: 4/29 thru 5/6

Welcome!

Should you be a new reader of "I'm Not Your Mama's Martha!", please click Meal Planning With Amanda and read through how to begin meal planning for yourself and to understand how, exactly I feed my family of three breakfast, lunch and dinner for, on average, $150 per week.  There, you will find links to printable lists for yourself as well as my Master Meal List of all the meals I make that we seem to eat on a regular basis and that I draw from when making my weekly meal plans.
__________________________________________________________________________

 ***Click on image for larger view***


Safeway $179.11
Organic Romaine hearts





Carrots
Brussels sprouts
Celery
Onion
Corn on the cob
Limes
Ginger
Bell pepper
Cilantro
Habanero pepper
(5) Knudsen Cottage doubles (on sale 4@$5)
Red potatoes
(2) 18ct. eggs (Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
(2) Organics whole wheat thin spaghetti (Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
Jell-O pudding cups
(2) Progresso crushed tomatoes (on sale $1 each)
Rice wine vinegar
(2) Hunt's diced tomatoes
Taco sauce
Crispy taco shells
Bananas
Roma tomatoes (on sale $.99/lb)
Red plums
Cherry tomatoes
(2) Black berries (on sale Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
(2) Strawberries (on sale Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
(2) Mandarin oranges (on sale Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
(2) Refried black beans (on sale $0.99 each)
(6) Yogurt
1lb deli peppered turkey (on sale $5.99/lb)
1.5lbs deli ham
Swiss cheese
(2) Angus hot dogs (on sale Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
Fontina cheese
Orange Juice
(3) Tone body wash (on sale $1.99 when you buy 3 or more)
(2) Orowheat 100% whole wheat english muffins (on sale Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
Apple cider beer

 
Inventory (after last week's meals):
3 portions ground turkey
1 flank steak
1 portions shrimp
2 bone-in split chicken breasts
1 Basa fish fillets
9 portions ground beef
11 portions boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 portion stew meat
1 portion wings/drumsticks

As I create my meal plan each week, I'll reduce my inventory the next week by those selections and will not shop for meats between now and the time I plow through my inventory, so that 1) nothing spoils from freezer-burn, 2) I don't waste money as the meats above were purchased at the lowest possible price and 3) because I have no additional space to store anything!  :)

 
Weekly Meal Plan
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Ham & Fontina stuffed chicken breasts
Saturday - Turkey meatball subs and tator tots
Sunday - Grilled chicken fajitas with chips & guacamole
Monday - Chicken Ceasar Salad
Tuesday - Crispy beef tacos
Wednesday - Basa fish fillets with fiery mango sauce




For these recipes, click on "Recipes" at the top of this page.

Comments

Popular Posts