Meal Planning: 5/13 thru 5/19

Welcome!

Should you be a new reader of "I'm Not Your Mama's Martha!", please click Meal Planning With Amanda and read through how to begin meal planning for yourself and to understand how, exactly I feed my family of three breakfast, lunch and dinner for, on average, $150 per week.  There, you will find links to printable lists for yourself as well as my Master Meal List of all the meals I make that we seem to eat on a regular basis and that I draw from when making my weekly meal plans.
__________________________________________________________________________

***Click on image for larger view***


Whole Foods $102.41
(2) Barbolini Lambrusco
3lbs Organic raw almonds
4lbs Organic strawberries
Organic pasta
Organic celery
Organic seedless grapes
Organic pink lady apples
Organic potatoes
Organic tomatoes
Organic pears
Naval orane
Shallot
Ginger
Organic green onions
Corn
Organic half & half
Tulips
Dubliner cheese
Organic bananas

Safeway $81.99
(4) Ground turkey (normally $4.99, on sale $1.99)
Sugar snap peas
Pizza sauce
(4) Cottage & fruit doubles
(2) Tyson chicken nuggets (normally $7.99 each, on sale Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
Frito's
Tortillas
Bagel thins
Buns
Tator tots
(2) 18ct. eggs (Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
Redbull
(3) American cheese slices (normally $4.99, on sale $1.99 limit 3)


Inventory (after last week's meals):
2 portions ground turkey
1 flank steak
1 portions shrimp
1 bone-in split chicken breasts
7 portions ground beef
7 portions boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 portion stew meat
1 portion wings/drumsticks

As I create my meal plan each week, I'll reduce my inventory the next week by those selections and will not shop for meats between now and the time I plow through my inventory, so that 1) nothing spoils from freezer-burn, 2) I don't waste money as the meats above were purchased at the lowest possible price and 3) because I have no additional space to store anything!  :)


Weekly Meal Plan
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Blue cheese & bacon hamburgers with tator tots
Saturday - Dinner out with friends
Sunday - Grilled steak fajitas with chips & guacamole
Monday - Chicken piccata over pasta
Tuesday - Orange chicken over rice
Wednesday - Soy, ginger & lime marinated shrimp with roasted potatoes and corn


For these recipes, click on "Recipes" at the top of this page.

Comments

Popular Posts