Emily slept through the night!

Oh My Gawd... Emily slept through the night!

I can't remember the last time my daughter slept through the night, not waking once.

For at least the past week, she has been waking up 3-4 times a night, crying out for us and it has taken us both to get her back to sleep! Sometimes, she just needs her pacifier put back in her mouth and she will drift right back off to sleep, other times she needs to be rocked back to sleep by us and, the worst: I have to nurse her back to sleep. Ugh! This has felt worse than having a newborn mainly because she's inconsistent and because she actually slept well as a newborn. :-(

Well, just like always, we bathed her, gave her a short baby massage, put her in her PJs, gave her a 6oz bottle of breast milk and then, I rocked with her in her nursery (it was dark), singing to her and rubbing her back until she fell asleep. I laid her down in her crib and closed her door at 8:42pm. David and I went to bed a little after 10:00pm and never heard a peep from her over the baby monitor! The first time I heard her cry was at 6:36am so, I got up and got her out of her crib and brought her back to our bed where I nursed her. She was bright-eyed and smiling and so were we. :-) She slept 10 straight hours and that is a first for her!

We both feel so refreshed and so relieved after a good night's rest we almost don't know what to do with ourselves.

I guess Emily was going through something because our bedtime routine with her has been consistent, as well as her feeding schedule. Hmmm... oh well, she slept and we are overjoyed!!!

Comments

Popular Posts