Christmas Cards are a LOT of work!

David & I have done those flat photo cards for the past three years and never really liked them. We felt they were generic and "cheap" looking and knew we could make better ones ourselves so, we did!

I bought all the cardstock, embellishments, gelly roll pens, punches, ribbon, rubber stamps & ink and envelopes at Scrapbook Territory and Paper Source on 4th Street in Berkeley (two of my new favorite stores!!!). We used my new digital camera to take a family portrait and David used Photoshop and his professional printer to do the photographs. It took us both about 7 hours of hard, continuous, loving labor to cut all the cardstock down to 5x7, stamp and punch out the "Merry Christmas" embellishment, cut down and adhere the photos and print up our Family Newsletter (it's on the back of the Christmas card). We actually had fun, spending this quality time together and we are so proud of how they turned out!

Here they are:


I loved both papers so much, I decided to make half the cards from each cardstock. ;)

I managed to get all the envelopes addressed today and all the cards stuffed inside... I just have to find time to get to the Post Office to get them properly weighed and stamped. Yea!!! I'm so glad I was able to pull this off!

Comments

Popular Posts