I accepted the job!

For anyone who didn't read the original post about the job offer in the first place, you can read about it HERE to catch up on what I'm talking about. :)

The woman who offered me the job, Cara, actually emailed me this morning, in a bind, asking if I would be interested in helping her out with her Balance Sheet and P&L Statement for this past quarter as she hasn't been able to establish any contact with her current Accountant (no clue why but that is so unprofessional!). She offered me $2,000 just to work with her this week, after Emily goes to bed, to crank out these reports and I couldn't pass it up! She didn't put any pressure on me to accept the job on a permenant basis, as I had made it pretty clear that I wasn't interested in returning to work just yet, but offered it to me, saying she was going to have to fire their current Accountant because of her unprofessional behavior as soon as they could get ahold of her and would be needing to hire someone new ASAP.

Because I had discussed this job with my husband, my family and several friends and had actually become quite excited about it, I said YES without hesitation this morning. You could hear the relief in her voice and her gratitude and it made me feel so good, so wanted & needed and appreciated. I can't wait to start work and am thrilled at the pay and the fact that I will be working from home, just a few hours a week, on my own time, for a family that has three children, who cherish their flexibility and how it allows them to spend time with their kids.

Wish me luck!!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts