Spaghetti and meatballs - one of my favorite meals!

Anyone who knows me knows that I always go to the store to pick up a newspaper and the week's produce on Sundays and then, I spend Sunday afternoon cooking & baking up a storm, portioning out and freezing most of what I make to enjoy later in the week, especially on night's I don't feel like or just can't cook something from scratch... this is how we avoid take out!

Today, I nabbed some ground veal and ground pork and decided, right then and there at the counter I would make home-made meatballs for spaghetti & meatballs tonight. Yumm-o! I couldn't get home fast enough and thoroughly enjoyed the smell of sauteeing onions & garlic for the rest of the day.

I really love Tyler Florence's Ultimate Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe on Food Network.com (you can find it HERE!!!) but I change it up a bit by mixing in 1/4 cup of dry breadcrumbs in addition to the fresh ones called for in the recipe and I use an even 1lb each of ground veal, pork and beef. I also throw in 1 teaspoon of fennel seed and 1 teaspoon of dried basil to give them a bit more flavor. My recipe makes an even 18 meatballs, about 4 inch in size.

I don't really like his Pomodoro Sauce recipe (too plain) so, I use my own that is filed under "Marina Sauce" in my Tastebook. You can find a link to my tastebook on this page, just scroll down an bit and it will be on your right-hand side.

Bon apetite!

Comments

Popular Posts