Girl's Shopping Day Out!

Talk about a treat: my friends (the women from my mom's group) and I spent the entire day today at Union Square in San Francisco, eating, sharing bottles of wine and doing a whole lot of retail therapy! :)

Trying on clothes is something you just cannot do with an active toddler that refuses to sit in her stroller, eating or playing with toys, for longer than 20 minutes so, my wardrobe has suffered immensely. Today is exactly what I needed to revamp my look and just enjoy the art of shopping! I spent the majority of my time in Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom and Macy's because I love the upscale department stores - they have everything in one location! We ate lunch at the cutest sandwich place just outside Bloomingdale's, called Witchcraft (cute, huh?) and even fit in a movie: Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which I highly recommend, I have never laughed so hard in my life!

I've actually never ventured to the mall at Union Square and nearly died of happiness at it's 5 floors of shopping bliss!

My main mission was to find a Cocktail/Evening gown for the Wall*E movie premiere next weekend and I am happy to report that I accomplished my goal: I found a gorgeous, metallic, tea-length Tadashi gown at Nordstrom's that fit me like a glove and looked amazing, if I do say so myself! ;) I tried finding a picture of it online but can't, which I suspected since the Saleswoman told me they had just received it that weekend. I'll be sure to post a pic of me in the dress next weekend though!

Comments

Popular Posts