I stole (and then edited) this "Toddler Creed" from my friend, Sheila's blog because I thought it was just hilarious and perfectly indicative of what Emily is going through right now.
The Toddler Creed in Thirteen Statements or less...
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I am building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks just like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with it and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours. (No, the pieces are probably still mine.)
11. If I say I want one and you have one, it automatically becomes mine.
12. If you are playing with it and don't share it, I'll take it from you and it will become mine
13. Potty breaks, snack breaks and time outs do not mean it's not mine anymore, it will be mine again when I get back.