Thanksgiving 2008

I would say Thanksgiving was a huge success this year: we were surrounded by a few of our closest friend and enjoyed a fantastic meal over a beautiful table I had set all thanks to Williams-Sonoma and Crate & Barrel, that is!

Our menu included:

Apple & Spice Buttermilk-brined Turkey Breast

Sausage, Cranberry & Walnut Stuffing

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Turkey Gravy

Baked Macaroni & Cheese

Mushroom & Shallot Green Beans

Rolls with Pumpkin Apple Butter

Pumpkin Pie

Carrotcake with Creamcheese Frosting

Marsha Washington Candy (Coconut Truffles)

And The Lumbard Family and The Schiraga Family brought over Champagne, Wine and Beer for us all, which was a fantastic treat! We all ate until we were just sick and almost uninterrupted by our kids!

The kid didn't eat a thing but not because it wasn't good (I heard they gobbled up left-overs the next day!) but because they were too busy chasing each other, playing with Emily's toys and coloring on the paper I taped to their table! They all just love each other and I guess that's to be expected since they have spent almost every weekdday together since they were 8 weeks old! I also had A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving playing in the background so, I'm sure that helped keep them calm and happy. :)

I'm sad I didn't get a family photo of Patty, Seton and their daughter Ava but I did get a few cute pics of the kiddos:

Comments

Popular Posts