2.15.09 - Weekly Meal List and Challenge Check-in

Okay, Week 1 of my new Meal Planning Challenge and I have succeeded BIG TIME!!!

With David, we chose our meals for this week from my Master List, I inventoried our pantry and fridge/freezer, made my grocery list, checked the Sales Fliers and my Coupons and headed off to Safeway.

I spent $98.17 - Met my first goal of not going over $100.

Purchased:
Tostada shells
Eggs
2 gallons of Milk
2lbs each of Carrots, celery, kale and green apples (for David & Emily's morning juice... I buy this every week!)
Onions
Hamburger buns
Frozen spinach
1lb Deli meat and 1/2lb deli cheese (David's lunch)
2 containers of Organic blueberries (on sale for only $1.99!!!)
3 Peaches
2 pears
Cranberry & chocolate trail mix (buy 1 get 1 free!) - the only thing NOT on my list but we all like this for snacks so, I decided to stock up!

This week's meals:
Sloppy Joe's
Chicken tostadas (from last week's leftover chicken fajitas)
Spinach & cheese-stuffed shells
Turkey soft tacos
Fried Catfish
Leftovers/cereal/sandwich
Pizza
**We order take-out or go out to eat for lunch usually on Sundays so, I don't have a "eating out" option usually during the week for dinner**

Masterlist Tally as of today:
  • (16) 1lb portions of chicken
  • (2) 1lb portions of lean ground beef
  • (5) 1lb portions of lean ground turkey
  • (3) 1lb portions of stew meat
  • New York Strip Steaks
  • (2) - Homemade pizzas
  • (1) - 1lb Catfish
  • (2) - Frozen Ravioli
  • 1 - Turkey burger
  • 1 - Fried Chicken sandwich
  • Turkey meatballs enough for 3 Meatball dishes
  • (3) 1lb portions raw shrimp
  • (3) 1lb Italian sausage
  • (2) 1lb Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage for Lasagna
  • (9) Leftovers
  • (10) Eating out

Comments

Popular Posts