3.8.09 - Weekly Meal List and Challenge Check-In

If you want to follow me in this journey, start HERE and read up on the last 4 weeks!

Week 4 of my new Meal Planning Challenge was another almost expected success!

We picked what we wanted to eat each night, I made sure all the ingredients were properly thawed out and we ate everything on the list I made for us last week. David took his lunch to work everyday last week, Emily & I ate at home every day last week and we all three had breakfast at home last week. We ordered P.F. Chang's To Go on Sunday night as our "Eating out" assignment and boy was that worth the $58! :)

After nearly a whole month of taking the time to plan, shop and execute this each & every week it feels very natural, it perfectly fits my very Type A in-control personality, and I just cannot believe I haven't been doing this all along! Also, I must note that now Oprah is jumping on the Meal Planning Bandwagon, which really makes me proud because well, literally everything Oprah touches turns to gold! haha Too bad I wasn't given the credit for this brilliant idea that I started weeks ago! To be honest, this isn't really a brand new idea, people have been doing this all over the world for decades, it's pretty common sense but it seems there's a real push to be more conscience now that we are in this recession so, if my blog can help bring this idea into more American homes, that's all the credit I need!


I spent only $82.11 today, way under my $100 per week goal, which helps offset the last week when I went over nearly $22!

Purchased:
Organic bananas
2lbs each of Carrots, celery, kale and green apples (for David & Emily's morning juice... I buy this every week!)
(5) Light & Fit yogurt (David's lunch each week)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Romaine hearts
Goldfish crackers
Panko bread crumbs
Mozzarella cheese
Dried cranberries
A-1 Steak sauce


This week's meals (Sunday 3/8-Saturday 3/14):
Turkey Goulash
Chicken Parmesan
Steak and baked potatoes
Grilled chicken salad
Chicken Spaghetti
Leftovers/sandwiches
Eating out

Masterlist Tally as of today:
  • (11) 1lb portions of chicken
  • (1) 1lb portions of lean ground beef
  • (3) 1lb portions of lean ground turkey
  • (2) 1lb portions of stew meat
  • New York Strip Steaks
  • (2) - Homemade pizzas
  • (2) - Frozen Ravioli
  • 1 - Fried Chicken sandwich
  • Turkey meatballs enough for 3 Meatball dishes
  • (2) 1lb portions raw shrimp
  • (3) 1lb Italian sausage
  • (2) 1lb Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage for Lasagna
  • (6) Leftovers
  • (7) Eating out

Comments

Popular Posts