Mother's Day 2009 - My 4th and best thus far!

I have always thought Mother's Day (and Father's Day) were the two most important days of the year, always having appreciated, valued, and loved my own parents so much... I truly looked forward to making them cards, purchasing them each a thoughtful gift and watching their eyes light up as they read my words of gratitude for all that they have always done for me. It was about me as much as it was a day about them!

After becoming a mother in 2006, Mother's Day took on a whole new meaning for me and value I never could've imagined!

Reading the words my husband writes for me in a card every year, expressing how great of a mother & provider for our family as a full-time Stay-at-home-mom I am, telling me how much he loves me as a mother in addition to his wife & life partner and how lucky Emily is to have me as her mother touches my heart so deeply it brings tears to my eyes. Not that I need a gift, but it's also such a treat to get flowers and, this year, a necklace that symbolizes mother with child that I absolutely adore to the point that I have yet to take it off! But, perhaps the very best part of Mother' Day this year was hearing the pounding footsteps of my 2 1/2 year old as she ran down the hall from her room towards me shouting; "Happy Mother's Day, mama!". I cried as I scooped her up in my arms and she planted a big, wet kiss on my lips! :)

I think every day should be Mother's Day... in fact, I personally plan to make every day count as a mother and to thank my own mother profusely for the foundation she worked so hard to give me that has made me who I am today.

I love you, mom and I love being a mother!

Comments

Popular Posts