Recipe: Hawaii burgers

David and I love burgers, burgers are actually my #1 favorite food, but I have never felt that the ones we make from scratch are ever that phenomenal... burgers from our favorite restaurants are always so much more flavorful and juicy! *sigh*

Rachel Ray has always brought me burger-making confidence (who doesn't love her recipes?!?!?) and as the self-proclaimed "Burger Queen", I decided to turn to her for some new burger ideas when I found her Hawaii Burger in her original 30-Minute Meals Cookbook and all I can say is WOW!!! We used ground chicken instead of turkey because that's what I had in the fridge and I used only 1lb of chicken to make 4 burgers, rather than the 2lbs her recipe calls for. This recipe is **MY** modification and it's really really really good!

Recipe: Hawaii Burgers
1lb ground chicken (or turkey or beef!)
1 teaspoon of crushed garlic (or 2 cloves of garlic minced)
1 teaspoon of crushed ginger (you can peel and mince fresh garlic if you can't find it crushed)
2 green onions finely chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Salt & pepper
1/2 cup hoisin sauce (Asian BBQ Sauce)
2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
Pineapple rings (4 - one for each burger)
Sesame seed buns

Combine garlic, ginger, onions and soy sauce in a bowl. Mix in ground chicken until well combined and shape into 4 patties. Season with salt & pepper.

Combine hoisin and oil in a separate small bowl to baste onto burgers as they cook.

Grill 5-6 minutes on each side, basting with hoisin/oil mixture after grill marks have been established.

Grill pineapple rings 3-4 minute on each side.

Arrange patties and pineapple on toasted buns and thoroughly enjoy! :)

Comments

Popular Posts