Thursday Thirteen


As a SAHM (Stay-At-Home-Mom), I have a lot of flexibility with my daily, weekly & monthly schedules of cleaning, running errands, meeting up with friends, taking Emily to classes and arranging family vacations and sometimes, all that flexibility turns me into a big fat procrastinator because I can offer up the excuse; "Oh, I'll just do that tomorrow, I have nothing else to do".

But, most days, all that flexibility gives me unfathomable amounts of energy to be productive and efficient with my time, to see how much I can get done in one day, to see how many things I can cross off my to-do list and today was one of these days!

Thirteen Things I have accomplished today and it's only 3:15PM:

1. Cleaned the cat's litterbox and then, swept & mopped the bathroom floor (where we keep the litterbox) because our cat constantly tosses litter out of her box. argh!!!
2. Picked up my Rx at Walgreen's as well as some Neosporin and Band-Aids for Emily's latest boo-boos and then, treated those boo-boos
3. Swept & mopped the kitchen floor... twice! (We had an incident with Maple Syrup)
4. Dusted and then, conditioned the dining room table, all 6 chairs and the banquet
5. Make Chicken Tortilla Soup and Lemon Bars for us and a friend who just had a baby
6. Took Emily and our neighbors up to Pixar to have lunch (and give our neighbors a tour) with David
7. Stripped the bed, washed the bedding and remade the bed in our Masterbedroom and then, did the same for Emily's bed
8. Paid all the bills for this month online, balanced our checkbooks, paid our Vehicle Registration online and ordered/shipped a baby shower gift through an online registry
9. Made a pitcher of Sweet Iced Tea (the highlight of my day!)
10. Read 6 Chapters of Second Chance by Jane Green
11. Posted two blog entries, including a great recipe for Potatoes Au Gratin
12. Enrolled Emily in My Play Place for a 6-week Session this summer
13. Helped my neighbor sync the photos from her new IPhone to her laptop... and then, proceeded to discuss her week-long trip to visit her first grandchild over a glass of wine (it was naptime and I had two hours to kill!)

Comments

Popular Posts