30-Day Shred: Day 1

Hello fellow fat-busters!

Today was Day 1 of my 30-day Shred, part of my Getting Thin in 2010 Challenge and it went really well!

I knew tonight was leftover/sandwich night (because of my Weekly Menu I have posted on the fridge) so, I planned to eat some leftover tuna salad for dinner, which helped me to plan the rest of the day's meals, which you can view in my Fat Shredder Diet Plan Document by clicking ***HERE*** (just view the Day 1 tab).

It's been months since I have eaten 5 meals in a day and I must admit, I am completely stuffed, almost uncomfortably so, even though I spaced my meals out every 2-3 hours between 8am and 8pm.  Ugh.  Just getting through my breakfast of 20oz of water with scrambled egg whites and bacon was a feat as I normally skip breakfast, due to being in a hurry to get to one of Emily's activities.  It's hard to break an old, bad habit!

After lunch at Noon and putting Emily down for her nap at 1:30pm, I put my Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred DVD into the player and worked my butt off for the full 30 minutes, using 3lb weights.  To say I was huffing, puffing and a hot, sweaty mess by the end of it is a huge understatement... I'm downright exhausted and my arms and legs feel like they are made of Jell-O.  Wow, nothing says; "out of shape" like that first workout of the year.  :(

Immediately after my workout, I drank 24oz of water and then, ate my first snack of the day at 2PM: a glass of fat-free milk and a medium banana.  Then, I showered and flopped down on the couch to recover and blog today's progress.  What in the world am I going to do when Emily stops napping?!?  I guess go back to working out after she is in bed, before David gets home and we eat dinner.  hmmm...

Anyhow, my second snack of the day was celery with peanut butter, which I ate with Emily at 4:30pm, with another 20oz of water.  David works on the later side and dinner isn't until around 8pm every day.  I could hardly choke down my tuna salad sandwich at 8:30pm this evening, I was so full (probably all that water!) but I did it.  I ate everything I was supposed to eat today, drank 64oz of water and did my workout.  Not sure I'll be able to get out of bed tomorrow, I remember being sore for about 4 days the last time I did the 30-day Shred... wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts