Recipe: Shrimp Fra Diavolo

I found this recipe while reading through this month's Cook Light magazine (duh) and my mouth was watering.  I knew I had to post it and share it with all of you however I must tell you, I haven't made it myself just yet.  Please let me know what you thought of it and any modifications you made before I make it for my family next week!

Recipe: Shrimp Fra Diavolo

Ingredients
8 ounces (half a box) uncooked linguine
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)
1lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
3/4 cup diced onion
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 3/4 cups crushed tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (14.5ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained


Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and return to pan with the lid on to keep warm.

While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic and the shrimp and saute for 3 minutes until shrimp are done.  Remove from pan and place in bowl, covered to keep warm.

Add remaining 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and onion to the pan and saute 5 minutes or until onions are softened.  Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, oregano and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.  Stir in tomato paste and lemon juice and cook 1 minute.  Stir in crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes and salt and cook 5 minutes or until thickened.

Return shrimp to the sauce and cook 2 minutes until thoroughly heated.

Serve over linguine.

Comments

Popular Posts