Recipe: Buttermilk baked "fried" chicken for TWO!

I have made this entree twice for just David and I, using two boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thought I'd share it with you all, since I know many of my readers are couples and/or those with kids who don't eat what they make for dinner all the time!  :)

For the original recipe using a whole chicken, cut into eight pieces, click ***HERE***.


Recipe: Buttermilk "fried" chicken for two!
Note: This recipe is for two, boneless, skinless chicken breasts 

Ingredients
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic poweder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pound thin to 1" thickness or butterflied to 1" thickness
2 1/2 cups Cornflakes, coarsely crushed (I place mine in a Ziploc quart size bag and smash with my rolling pin)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/8 teaspoon paprika
tiny pinch cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons vegetable oil (or canola or peanut)


Directions
In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mustard, salt, garlic powder, pepper and Tabasco.  Add chicken, tossing to coat and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Coat a metal cooling rack with nonstick cooking spray and nestle inside a rimmed baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper (less washing up!).

Stire together cornflakes, bread crumbs, poultry seasoning, paprika and cayenne.  Stir in the oil until well blended.  Remove chicken from marinade and roll in cornflake mixture pressing it to adhere.  I divided this crumb mixture in half to ensure I had equal amounts for each breast.

Place chicken pieces on cooling rack and bake for 25 minutes or until instant read thermometer registers 160 degrees when inserted into breast piece.  Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.

Comments

Popular Posts