Sick, sick, sick

It's been said that Stay-at-home-moms don't get sick days...

We can't drop our kids off at their daycare provider and go back home and get in bed to rest and get better.  Our home is our office, there's never an escape and there's a lot of guilt that comes with asking our husbands to take off work and stay home with us both, which is just crazy, but true.

Thankfully, I've been ill only a handful of times and David is quick to offer to stay home (yes, my husband rocks!), including today, a Saturday, when he was supposed to be working as this is their busiest time near the end of a film.  However, David couldn't just blow off work and stay home so he packed up Emily, extra clothes in case of a pee pee accident, snacks, favorite toys and took her with him while I was at home still asleep.  It was such a relief to just sleep and wake up to Emily being well taken care of and me needing to do nothing but just go back to bed.  I have a really bad cold complete with fever, body aches, the chills, headache, nasal congestion and itchy, watery eyes. 

The worst part: I gave it to my daughter and poor Emily has come down hard with it.  She even passed out on the floor soon after "lunch"  (can't really call 2 bites lunch).  Her cough is what's the worst... it sounds like she's struggling to breath because of the amount of congestion caught in her lungs.  Ugh.  David just texted me that's he's now on his way to Wal-Mart after having stopped at Walgreen's, Safeway and Long's Drugs for these throat-soothing popsicles.


Seems David really has his hands full now.

Thank you, honey!

Comments

  1. I think we need to start up a union.

    DH and I have had the creeping crud and been miserable all week. So far, Turtle has remained unscathed. Fingers crossed it continues!

    Hope you all are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts