Thursday Thirteen

Whether you are employed outside the home or not, whether you are married or not, whether you have children or are still a single gal, we all need time for ourselves once in a while!

Thirteen things I have done for ME recently:

1. Read the latest Real Simple, US Weekly and Cooking Light magazines while getting a deluxe spa pedicure during the 2 hours Emily was at My Play Place
2. Got my hair cut & colored
3. Caught up on Oprah, The Good Wife, and Property Virgins during Emily's nap today
4. Used my crockpot to make dinner twice this week so I could throw my feet up, relax and catch up on The Pillars of the Earth rather than spending an hour preparing dinner after getting Emily into bed
5. Wore jeans & heels to Emily's tumbling class because I loved the way being "dressed up" made me feel
6. Booked reservations for David & I at The Melting Pot for Valentine's Day
7. Took my car to be detailed rather than washing it myself
8. Took an hour to shop for make-up, something I never do
9. Went to bed at 9:30pm
10. Paid $275 to have my jewelry cleaned at Tiffany's so that I could take a break from using an old toothbrush and baking soda
11. Let my answering machine screen my calls
12. Bought and ate half a box of Girl Scout cookies without feeling guilty for once in my life
13. Planned a trip to Vegas to celebrate the BIG 3-0 with 2 of my best friends

Comments

Popular Posts