25 in 2010: Book 4

Because I am one of the millions obsessed with everything Kate Gosselin, it was a no-brainer that I pick up her new book I Just Want You To Know from Costco when I saw they had it.

I flew through the book, gobbling up every darling letter to each of her eight children, in only 4 days!

I liked it... I did, but it was very repetitive if you watched their show on TLC: "Jon & Kate +8" and even more so if you read her first book Multiple Blessings.  I was honestly disappointed that I didn't actually learn anything new about how their family evolved over the last nine years.  I was left hanging by the non-issue that she made of her divorce and the tiny tidbits of information she did give her fans with quotes like; "I felt the weight of responsibilty so heavily, I couldn't get sick.  It I got sick, the whole camp shut down, and we didn't have time for that.  A lot was riding on me, which often made me grouchy.  Even so, much of what I said to Jon was unwarranted.  I could have watched what I said better, could have guarded my tongue better and I knew it.  The cameras made it obvious.  I wanted to communicate better, but I often failed."  Yes, we all know this, we know you know this, what we want is a real apology from you and some introspection on your short-comings and how you are going to teach your child better than you.

I wanted more from Kate in this book, including wanting more from the letter she wrote each child.  While heart-felt and kind, they were very vague, non-specific, and nothing more than what you might tell your child on a daily basis.  *sigh*

In my opinion, this book was not worth the $12.95 that I paid for it and I wish I had the willpower just to wait for my local library to carry it.

Sorry, Kate, I'm still a huge fan, I just wanted different pictures, different stories, more details.

Comments

Popular Posts