Meal Planning: 3/4 thru 3/10

Welcome!

Should you be a new reader of "I'm Not Your Mama's Martha!", please click Meal Planning With Amanda and read through how to begin meal planning for yourself and to understand how, exactly I feed my family of three breakfast, lunch and dinner for, on average, $150 per week.  There, you will find links to printable lists for yourself as well as my Master Meal List of all the meals I make that we seem to eat on a regular basis and that I draw from when making my weekly meal plans.
__________________________________________________________________________

***Click on image for larger view***

A few great deals at Safeway this week to help pad our pantry and the desire to get back in shape, which neccessitated purchasing a few unusual items this week, increased this week's bill.

Safeway $170.36
Milk
Bananas
Apples
New potatoes
Celery
Tomatoes on the vine
Pears
Fresh pineapple
Romaine hearts
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Cool whip
Whole milk
Fresh mozzarella cheese
(12) Yogurt
Tortilla chips
(2) BBQ chips (Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
Fettuccine
Black beans
Whole plum tomatoes
1.5lbs deli turkey
1lb deli ham
Guacamole seasoning
Fresh oregano and basil
Mushrooms
Tortillas
Whole wheat wraps
(2) Seedless green grapes
(2) Orowheat bread (Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
(2) Safeway pizzas (Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
Frozen meatballs
Frozen green beans
Frozen organic flaxseed waffles
Jennie-O turkey breakfast patties
Canadian bacon
1/2lb ground pork


Inventory (after last week's meals):
1 rack of ribs
1 pork tenderloin
1 8oz portions Tilapia
4 3/4lb portions lean ground beef
2 1.25lb portions ground turkey
2 portions wings/drumsticks
3 1lb portions chicken breast
2 1lb portions thin-sliced chicken breasts
1 1.25lb portions stew meat
1 1lb Orange chicken (pre-cooked)

As I create my meal plan each week, I'll reduce my inventory the next week by those selections and will not shop for meats between now and the time I plow through my inventory, so that 1) nothing spoils from freezer-burn, 2) I don't waste money as the meats above were purchased at the lowest possible price and 3) because I have no additional space to store anything!  :)

Weekly Meal Plan
Grilled sweet 'n spicy wings
Ribs with mac 'n cheese
Grilled chicken Ceasar salad
Leftovers
Beef Bolognese
Meatloaf with mashed potatoes
Chicken fajitas



For these recipes, click on "Recipes" at the top of this page.

Comments

Popular Posts