Meal Planning: 4/11 thru 4/17

Welcome!
Should you be a new reader of "I'm Not Your Mama's Martha!", please click Meal Planning With Amanda and read through how to begin meal planning for yourself and to understand how, exactly I feed my family of three breakfast, lunch and dinner for, on average, $150 per week.  There, you will find links to printable lists for yourself as well as my Master Meal List of all the meals I make that we seem to eat on a regular basis and that I draw from when making my weekly meal plans.
__________________________________________________________________________


***Click on image for larger view***

Huge savings at Safeway this week and I stocked up on split chicken breasts as well as 93% lean ground beef because it was at rock-bottom pricing and our freezer is getting empty (check out my Inventory below).  I also totally went overboard on alcohol because it was 60% off, nearly $70 of what I spent was on wine/champagne/spirits.  :) 

Safeway $190.07
(6) bottles champagne (60% off plus another 10% off for buying 6 bottles)
(2) bottles white wine (60% off plus another 10% off for buying 6 bottles)
1 6pk beer (normally $8.99, on sale $5.99)
1 Contreau
Organic crackers
Sugar
French bread
Crisco
(2) Cornbread (normally $0.79, on sale $.49)
FiberOne breakfast pastries
Butter
Yeast
American cheese
Frozen tator tots
(4) Tomato soup (normally $2 each, on sale 4@$5)
Organic apricot preserves
(2) Tuna medley
1.5lbs deli ham
Red wine vinegar
Teriyaki sauce
Cayenne pepper
Natural peanut butter
(2) Flour (normally $4.49, on sale 2@$3)
1lb ground pork
4.25 lbs 93% lean ground beef (normally $5.99/lb, on sale $2.97/lb)
11lbs split bone-in chicken breasts (normally $2.99/lb, on sale $0.99/lb)
Bananas
(2) 18ct eggs (Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
(2) Organic strawberries (Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
Seedless green grapes
8lbs Jazz apples (normally $1.99/lb, on sale $0.79/lb)
Baby spinach
Almonds (normally $8.99/lb, on sale $5.99/lb)
3 heads fresh garlic
2 shallots
Ginger
Carrots
Sugar snap peas


Inventory (after last week's meals):
1 pork tenderloin
1 8oz portions Tilapia
6 3/4lb portions lean ground beef (4 portions added from this week's shopping trip)
2 1.25lb portions ground turkey
2 1lb portions chicken breast
4 2-3 split breasts (added from this week's shopping trip)
1 1.25lb portions stew meat
1 1lb Orange chicken (pre-cooked)

As I create my meal plan each week, I'll reduce my inventory the next week by those selections and will not shop for meats between now and the time I plow through my inventory, so that 1) nothing spoils from freezer-burn, 2) I don't waste money as the meats above were purchased at the lowest possible price and 3) because I have no additional space to store anything!  :)

Weekly Meal Plan
Baked chicken Parmesan with a salad
Turkey Mac
Honey-glazed grilled pork tenderloin with roasted Brussels sprouts
Asian-style Sloppy Joe's (a brand new recipe I'm trying out this week!)
Orange chicken over rice
Leftovers
Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic (another brand new recipe I'm trying out this week)



For these recipes, click on "Recipes" at the top of this page.

Comments

Popular Posts