Meal Planning: 4/20 thru 4/28 - BIG CHANGES!!!

Welcome!

Should you be a new reader of "I'm Not Your Mama's Martha!", please click Meal Planning With Amanda and read through how to begin meal planning for yourself and to understand how, exactly I feed my family of three breakfast, lunch and dinner for, on average, $150 per week.  There, you will find links to printable lists for yourself as well as my Master Meal List of all the meals I make that we seem to eat on a regular basis and that I draw from when making my weekly meal plans.
__________________________________________________________________________

 
***Click on image for larger view***

So much has changed since Emily started Preschool, mainly my ability to shop during the week, rather than fighting the crowds on weekends so I could leave her at home with David, yea!

For this week's meal planning, I shopped at Costco and Safeway today, Tuesday 4/20, and had to plan my meals to extend through Wednesday, 4/28.  Why?  Because I found out after the fact that Safeway's sales ads run Wednesday thru Tuesday and because today, Tuesday, was the last day of the recent ad, everything was picked either picked over or out of stock.  Argh!  :(  So, mid-shopping I had to think of 3 additional meals, remember all the ingredients necessary for those recipes and make sure I got them all in this trip.  Insane.  But at least I had recently been to Costco and my pantry/fridge was pretty well stocked.   :)

Starting next week, I will be shopping on Thursdays!


Oh, and in my rush to get my car unloaded from my Costco trip in order to make it to Safeway in the time I had left that Emily was in school, I completely forgot to photograph my purchases from Costco.  Sorry!


Costco: $123.19
6 2pk boneless, skinless chicken breasts (by the way, much cheaper when on sale at Safeway... you'll see I stocked up below)
4 1.25lb ground turkey
2pk Orowheat 100% whole wheat bread (1/2 price of Safeway!)
2pk Pirate's Booty
2pk 1gallon milk
4 24ct. eggs
2lb Peeled garlic
3pk 150ct. Lysol wipes
24pk. Annie's organic bunny fruit snacks
2pk Organic ketch-up
60ct. String cheese
4pk 1lb unsalted butter
5lb Chocolate-covered almonds
2pk 2lb turkey jerky 


Safeway $201.89
(3) Bright Green 96 load laundry detergent (regularly $11.99, on sale $8.99 AND in addition, if you bought 2 you got 1 free!)
(3) Bright Green 54 load fabric softener (regularly$6.99, on sale $4.99 AND in addition, if you bought 2 you got 1 free!)
(3) Axe body wash (regularly $4.99, on sale $3.99 AND if you bought 3 or more, $2.00 each)
(3) Axe body spray (regularly $5.99, on sale $4.99 AND if you bought 3 or more, $3.00 each)
(2) 8pk boneless, skinless chicken breasts value packs (regularly $3.99/lb, on sale $1.99/lb)
4.5lb 93% lean ground beef value pack (regularly $4.99/lb, on sale $3.49/lb)
2 Basa fish fillets (regularly $8.99/lb, on sale $3.99/lb)
2 New York Strip Steaks (regularly $15.99/lb, on sale $9.99/lb)
2lb Flank Steak (regularly $18.99/lb, on sale $11.99/lb)
1.5lbs 26-30ct. medium shrimp (regularly $9.99/lb, on sale $6.99/lb)
1 lb deli ham
1lb deli turkey
(2) sliced cheese (regularly $3.99, on sale $1.99, limit 2)
Organic Romaine hearts
Jazz apples
Iceburg lettuce
Celery
(2) ears of corn (on sale 2@$1)
Onion
Tomatoes
(2) Organic strawberries (regularly $5.99, on sale Buy 1 Get 1 Free)
(8) Yogurt
(2) Cottage doubles
Sour cream
Water chesnuts
Bananas
(2) Tortillas (regularly $3.49, on salt $1.99)
Iodized salt
Organic tomato sauce




Inventory (after the shopping trip above):
5 portions ground turkey
1 flank steak
2 portions shrimp
1 New York strip steak
3 bone-in split chicken breasts
1 Basa fish fillets
10 portions ground beef
11 portions boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 portion stew meat
1 portion wings/drumsticks

As I create my meal plan each week, I'll reduce my inventory the next week by those selections and will not shop for meats between now and the time I plow through my inventory, so that 1) nothing spoils from freezer-burn, 2) I don't waste money as the meats above were purchased at the lowest possible price and 3) because I have no additional space to store anything!  :)

Weekly Meal Plan

Tuesday -Garlicky baked shrimp over penne
Wednesday - Turkey Mac
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Steaks with baked potatoes
Saturday - Peach-BBQ glazed grilled chicken and roasted corn on the cob
Sunday - Lettuce wraps
Monday - Beef enchiladas with chips & guacamole
Tuesday - Hawaiian burgers
Wednesday - Home-made pizza




For these recipes, click on "Recipes" at the top of this page.

Comments

Popular Posts