Meal Planning 5/6 thru 5/12

Welcome!

Should you be a new reader of "I'm Not Your Mama's Martha!", please click Meal Planning With Amanda and read through how to begin meal planning for yourself and to understand how, exactly I feed my family of three breakfast, lunch and dinner for, on average, $150 per week.  There, you will find links to printable lists for yourself as well as my Master Meal List of all the meals I make that we seem to eat on a regular basis and that I draw from when making my weekly meal plans.
__________________________________________________________________________


***Click on image for larger view***


Safeway $126.90
Cheerios
Redbull
Buttermilk
(3) 4lb strawberries (2 are missing from the photo as I had to process them for Preschool Snack earlier)
Whole wheat wraps
(2) Fat-free milk (on sale $1.99 when you buy 2 or more)
(2) 8pk yourt
1lb deli turkey
1.5 lb deli ham
Brut champagne
Orange Juice
Rum
Apples
Pizza sauce
Fiber One breakfast pastries
(2) Jimmy Dean all natural pork sausage (Buy 1, Get 1 Free PLUS I had a $2.00 coupon, making them only $0.99 each!)
Parmaggano-Reggiano cheese
Gryere cheese
(4) Lobster tails
Italian sausage
French rolls
Potatoes
Onion
Pears
Lettuce
Grapes
Bananas

 
Inventory (after last week's meals):
2 portions ground turkey
1 flank steak
1 portions shrimp
2 bone-in split chicken breasts
8 portions ground beef
8 portions boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 portion stew meat
1 portion wings/drumsticks

As I create my meal plan each week, I'll reduce my inventory the next week by those selections and will not shop for meats between now and the time I plow through my inventory, so that 1) nothing spoils from freezer-burn, 2) I don't waste money as the meats above were purchased at the lowest possible price and 3) because I have no additional space to store anything!  :)

 
Weekly Meal Plan
Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Crockpot shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches
Saturday - Pixar Wrap Party - eating out
Sunday - Mother's Day Lobster Dinner with roasted corn-on-the-cob
Monday - Home-made tomato basil sauce with Italian sausage over thin spaghetti
Tuesday - Baked "fried" chicken with Au Gratin potatoes and a salad
Wednesday - Crispy beef tacos



For these recipes, click on "Recipes" at the top of this page.

Comments

Popular Posts