Meal Planning: 8/7 thru 8/13

Brand new to Meal Planning?

Start reading about Meal Planning (scroll down to "A Day in My Life" on the right-hand side of this page) or just click here in order to familiarize yourself with the steps and to get started!
______________________________________________________________________________________


Talk about hitting the jackpot: I was able to stock up on ground turkey breast and boneless skinless chicken breasts because both were at rock-bottom prices!  I also snagged a 10lb bag of potatoes for only $3 and five packages of sliced deli cheese for $1.50 each.  So, of course I went over my $24 weekly grocery budget but these deals were too good to pass up!  I got our second CSA delivery on Thursday and because it contained so many amazing things, I didn't need anything (other than lemons and mushrooms), besides the weekly basics, at the store this week.  Our current inventory reflects chicken and turkey breast I purchased today.

You can see how I plan to use up what was in our CSA box this week by checking Thursdays' post HERE.

Current Inventory:
1 portions ground bisket
6 portions ground turkey
4 portions ground beef
15 portions boneless, skinless chicken breasts
10 portions split chicken breasts 
1 portion sweet Italian turkey sausage
1 portions ground pork/beef mix

Spent: Safeway $107.85
[Budget: $24]

10lb potatoes (entire bag only $3)
Milk
22lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (on sale $1.77/lb)
(6) yogurt
(5) deli sliced cheese (on sale $1.50 each when you buy 5 or more)
Muir Glen tomato basil sauce (on sale $4.99)
Peanut butter
Extra-virgin Olive Oil
Fresh thyme
1.5lbs deli turkey
(4) ground turkey breast (Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
(3) lemons
Mushrooms (on sale $2)
(5) Pizza lunchables (on sale $1.50 when you buy 5 or more)
Fresh mozerella cheese
(2) Bread (Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
Country gravy mix

Weekly Meal Plan
Chicken-fried steak with mashed garlicy cauliflower
Proscuitto-wrapped chicken breast with roasted green beans
Beef & red pepper cornbread skillet pie
Leftovers
Grilled chicken Ceasar salad
Turkey meatball subs
Dinner out with friends

Comments

  1. I love your meal planning posts :). For some reason I'm fascinated by other people's meal plans. Maybe it's just that I love thinking about food!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts