12 in 2011: Book 1

Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin was a book loaned to me by a friend (thanks, Laura!!) and I have to be honest when I say that I was just sort of "meh" about it.  Not a Kathy hater and definitely not a true fan but I was starting 2011 without a book so, I dove in with an open mind.

I can say with absolute certainty that I have never laughed so hard in my life while reading!!!

Not only is Kathy a talented stand-up comedian but she is always the first person to laugh at herself, her mistakes, her embarrassing career moves and does so with such wit that you begin to really like her after the first three chapters.  No kidding.

The book talks about her road to discovering her calling to be a comedian and travels through her career up through her hit show "My Life on the D-List".  There isn't a subject she doesn't discuss and the photos only add to the charm of her as the main character.

Although not a fan of Memoirs and Autobiographies (my first being The Glass Castle that I read last year), I'm a fan of this book!



Comments

Popular Posts