20 weeks


Half-way through this pregnancy and feeling great!

I have a ton of energy and nowhere to put it other than into my family and my home (as I'm not working) and yesterday, I expended it all on the yard!  With all the cold and all the rain, our yard looked like a compost bin threw up on it (leaves, dirt, mulch strewn about, mushrooms growing up everywhere from irresponsible dog walkers, overgrown hedges, you get the picture) and I just couldn't stand to look at it one more day!  David, although a huge help as always, was hounding me the entire time to "take a break" but I just couldn't because it felt so good to be up and moving and doing! :)  The weather was so nice as well and there was just no way I was going to go sit on the couch.  I also went to the grocery store and we smoked a whole chicken on the pit for dinner.  Really fun day!

Baby moves all the time, night and day, especially in response to music.  I love to plug my IPhone into the IHome base (thanks, Gram!!!) in our living room and rock out while getting ready for the day and doing chores around the house while Emily's at Preschool.  Baby also really likes the music at church on Sundays, poking and rolling the first 20 minutes of service.

I can't believe baby is the size of a cantaloupe although my tummy sure does look like there's a cantaloupe in there!  I'm showing closer to 25 weeks, in comparison to my pregnancy with Emily, although I suppose that's normal.  Baby is apparently gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting.  And, these days, his/her taste buds actually work!  Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid.  Meaning, I should think about what I'd like my future child to eat as I am preparing my own lunch.  If this is truly the case, this baby will come out loving milk, grilled chicken sandwiches with spicy mustard, pickles, and tomatoes, bacon & egg breakfast tacos, and Cheesesteaks!  ha!  ;)

Comments

  1. Sounds like you're really enjoying your pregnancy! Second trimester really is the best, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic!!

    I forgot, are you finding out baby's gender?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It absolutely is THE best thus far, Sarah!

    Andrea, we are finding out if baby cooperates on the 27th and we can hardly wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute little bump! Can't wait to hear what your having.
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable bump! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts