Meal Planning: 2/6 thru 2/12

Brand new to Meal Planning?

Start reading about Meal Planning (scroll down to "A Day in My Life" on the right-hand side of this page) or just click here in order to familiarize yourself with the steps and to get started!


My bill was higher than normal because 1) I needed some expensive ingredients like the imported Parmagianno-Reggiano cheese that's $18.99/lb and the frozen buffalo chicken tenders David & I love (I hate to fry chicken and you just HAVE to fry it for buffalo chicken tenders salad!!!) and because 2) I have had a craving for my Bolognese that calls for beef, pork, and tomatoes that I didn't already have, as well as the crusty loaf of French bread I love.  At least I managed to stay in my weekly budget, right?!?  The powdered sugar and cream cheese is for the carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting I'm making for a Valentine's Day celebration at Emily's Preschool.

Safeway $144.08
[Budget: $150]
12lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (on sale $1.99/lb)
1lb ground pork (on sale $2.99/lb)
1lb 97% lean ground sirloin (on sale $3.99/lb)
Chicken & basil sausages (on sale $2.99ea)
Parmigiana-Reggiano cheese
Country breakfast sausage
Deli ham
Frozen buffalo chicken tenders (Buy 1, Get 1 Free)
Rigatoni pasta
Powdered sugar (on sale $0.99)
(2) Organic crushed tomatoes
French bread loaf
Mild cheddar cheese (on sale $4.99)
(2) Cream cheese
BabyBel cheese (on sale $3.99)
Fat-free milk
Ketch-up (on sale $3.99 plus $2.00off coupon)
Organic fuji apples
Haas avacados (on sale $0.99)
Organic Romaine heart (on sale $2.49)
Cilantro
Oranges (on sale $0.99/lb)
Yellow onion (on sale $0.49/lb)
Green seedless grapes (on sale $2.49/lb)
Organic celery hearts (on sale $1.99)
Snap peas
Cherry tomatoes (on sale 2@$6)
Limes (2@$1)

Weekly Meal Plan
Chicken sausage baked rigatoni
Chili with cornbread (we didn't eat Chili last week, we had leftovers 2 nights because David had to work so late)
Chicken Fajitas with chips & guacamole
Meatball subs
Leftovers/breakfast for dinner
Buffalo chicken salad
Bolognese

Check out these and all my recipes on the right-hand side of this page!

Comments

Popular Posts