28 weeks


28 weeks and baby has doubled his weight in the past month; he is about the size of a bag of flour weighing almost 2 1/2 pounds and is around fifteen inches in height. His lungs are now capable of breathing air and if born from now on, he'll be able to survive with less medical intervention. Also his eyes, which were covered by eyelid folds at the sixth week of development, are capable of opening this week.

My energy is high, though I tire easily, and my belly is starting to feel heavy as I'm carrying straight out in front, just like I did with Emily. I've been doing a good job of keeping the swelling and Braxton-Hicks contractions at bay and am in bed for about 11 hours a night, although only sleeping about nine, with all the tossing and turning and getting up to use the bathroom. It's definitely getting harder to stay comfortable at night. My belly button is getting flatter though still an innie and there's no sign of linea negra nor stretch marks (yea).  No name for baby boy just yet though we've made some progress narrowing it down.  :)

Fun stuff: I used $20 Kohl's cash I had to buy some adorable Newborn sleep 'n plays and several 0-3mo onesie & pant sets, which earned me $20 more Kohl's cash.  He'll at least have something to come home from the hospital in! 


Bad news: my 1-hour glucose test results came back "abnormal" (no clue what that actually means on the spectrum of passing vs. failing) so, I had to go back to the lab and to take the more sensitive 3-hour glucose test.  Fingers crossed I passed and don't have Gestational Diabetes!

Comments

  1. You look fantastic!!! I can't believe you're that small with your second child. Slightly jealous too! Go you!!

    Also, loooove your baby boy outfits!!!

    Good luck with your sugar test. Did you have GD with your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of you to say but don't be jealous, you are carrying almost identical and SMALL to your first, too! ;) I failed the 1-hr with Emily but passed the 3-hr so, no GD with her. I'm hopefully this time around...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts