Losing the #wheatbelly - a look back at Day 6 and what I'm eating today, Day 7 #glutenfree #cooking #motherhood

Are you interested in following me in my journey to lead a more healthy, gluten-free lifestyle?

Read about my journey HERE.

And click on the link --------> over there to follow my SparkPeople blog where I'm documenting every bite of food I put in my mouth and how each day has gone. I'll be documenting the first 14 days here but only sporadic updates thereafter.

Losing the wheat belly - a look back at Day 6, which was yesterday and what I'm eating today, Day 7:

Dare I say I don't even think about gluten anymore?

Meaning, it's not a craving... I have no desires when walking past a pan of brownies! Seriously, I had to make brownies yesterday for Emily's class party which is on Thursday and it never crossed my mind to cut myself a piece.

I'm just floored at how quickly I've broken out of the cravings/withdrawal cycle of gluten. I hope this continues because a healthy lifestyle is what my end goal is.

BREAKFAST: another day of heating up pre-made 1 egg plus 2 egg whites mixed with 1 slice bacon and 1T of Monterrey Jack cheese. It's just easy, fast, and delicious. I'll try some grainful breakfasts over the weekend when I have more time to cook something.

LUNCH: I had leftover Pad Thai for lunch. Again, super quick to just nuke it in the microwave. It was 1/4 of the original recipe so, very few calories and yet, filling.

SNACK: I almost forgot to have a snack yesterday. My body seems to be adjusting well to fewer calories. Another yea!!! I grabbed 12 raw almonds and 1 C raspberries. A few hours later as I was feeding the kids, I ate 10 fresh snap peas and 1/2C raw carrots (it was what the kids were having for dinner so it was easy to eat it with them).

DINNER: It was breakfast for dinner night. I love hash brown casserole and when you make it with egg whites and super lean ham, you can have a larger portion to satisfy your hungry eyes. :) What I love most about this meal is that there will be plenty of leftovers for future breakfasts so, less cooking for me in the busy mornings. I didn't actually eat 1/4 of a portion, I couldn't finish it. It feels so good to slow down, enjoy a meal, and feel that "full" feeling.

So, today is Day 7, Wednesday, and it's been a great day so far.

After heating up 1/8th of the hashbrown casserole we had for dinner last night for breakfast and chugging down the latte David made me, I walked Nolan to his indoor play place and did it four minutes faster than I walked it on Monday. Woo! I burned 150 calories without even thinking about it.

I took half of my normal afternoon snack with me to eat around 11:30am. About 8 almonds and half an apple. I'll eat the other half around 5:00pm, while the kids are eating their dinner. I have found that having lunch at Noon and not having dinner until 8:00 or 9:00pm just doesn't work for me. So, I'm spacing my meals out like this:

8:00am - breakfast
11:00am - snack
2:00pm - lunch
5:00pm - snack
8:00pm dinner

I'll let you know how it works out but so far, so good!

Something else super neat I discovered today: my yoga pants, the ones I wear every single day (for the most part), don't automatically roll down under my belly the minute I put them on (even if I'm standing up). My wheat belly is shrinking and I can actually feel it and see it. I can't wait to measure and weight myself in one week. I'm halfway through the initial part of my journey!

Thank you for all the gluten-free websites and encouraging emails and Tweets. They mean so much to me!

Comments

  1. Sounds like you're doing great! It is a great feeling to lose the 'wheat belly.' I have added some back to my diet, but not nearly as much as before I did my 2 weeks wheat free challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jen. I really feel so great about all of it. It's interesting you bring up adding gluten back in to your diet - would you share HOW you went about doing it? I'm unsure as to whether I'll ever go back - maybe for the occasional very special cheeseburger! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts