Making reading a priority in 2016 #reading #motherhood #goodreads

Anyone still working on their new year's resolutions? I am!

Reading more books for pleasure was at the top of my list of resolutions for 2016 and I am on a roll thus far!

Technically, I began this reading list in October 2015 but who's counting?

Here are the books I've read (in order) thus far:

A Paris Apartment

The Rosie Project

Crazy Rich Asians

The Husband's Secret

Cinder (Book 1 of The Lunar Chronicles)

Scarlet (Book 2 of The Lunar Chronicles)

What Alice Forgot

Cress (Book 3 of The Lunar Chronicles)

Big Little Lies

Winter (Book 4 of The Lunar Chronicles) - currently in progress!

I truly have enjoyed each of the books above, even tough they are a sampling across a variety of genres, and it's all because good friends of mine, who KNOW me, and who love to read themselves recommended each one. In fact, every single one of the books above is rotating through my group of friends so they can read them!

If I could only recommend one book, it'd be Cinder, book 1 of The Lunar Chronicles. Think the Disney classic Cinderella meets Star Wars. All the elements of Cinderella, the orphan daughter living with her horrible step family, and the prince she falls in love with, mixed with a badass fight for freedom in a futuristic world. Cinder continues her story line through the next eight books (many of which are unpublished at this point!) but crosses paths with other famous storybook characters including Red Ridding Hood in Scarlet and Rapunzel in Cress. Winter finally arrived via Amazon Prime last week and I've only just begun to dive in. It appears to be the story before Snow White. Ahhh!!!  Interesting, heart-pumping, who-did-it, "how will they survive this?" plots and characters you will absolutely fall in love with! Get these books and read them now! You won't regret it!

Comments

Popular Posts